.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Get paid To Promote 
at any Location





Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Owl city


  
Owl city islike my childhood.

I never losteuphoria. Neither does the one man genius behind Owl City’s extremely naïvepower-poppish sound.

Adam Youngis almost in a bubble travelling through the universe without bursting out ofhis fears and his extremely butterscotch-flavored take on life. It’s not thateasy you know- being a 30 year old and acting half that age. He’s brought inthis amazing element into the normal la-la-la-la chart-topper- one which Ithink Mika totally overdid with his hit ‘Life in Cartoon Motion’. 

I firstheard Owl city at a Neha’s place and as we read through the lyrics- shecouldn’t help but shout out “Awww. …Shoo CUTE!”. Yes, I agree. The songs are cute.Like I said- it reminds me- in many ways- how much of a brat I was. Neha’srapture and my bipolar nature got me really ecstatic that evening-so much sothat I went back home and dug all of my favorite video-game cassettes out ofthe closet that day.

For thosewho like their music epigrammatic and dim-witted-effortless Fireflies can be plenty offun- I swear, I say this out of personal experience. Unsurprisingly, OC’s besttracks, such as the shouty opener "Vanilla Twilight", rumble pastsoothing snips iced in with very blatant and tongue-in-cheek song structures. 

They experiment with a lot of synth and that is one thing I absolutely loveabout their sound. Theirs is a sound that would have done wonders in theVengaboys’ generation –but that is irrelevant and beyond the scope of thisarticle.

In caseyou’re wondering who Neha is- I’m not paid to tell you that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment